Monday, October 14, 2013

Growth Hormone..

Leg day… The day of the week that separates the men from the boys, dreaded by many yet embraced by few. Leg day hurts the most, requires the most energy and conditions must be just right in order for me to go into the gym and man up to the squat rack. I prefer back day, ab day, arm day chest day to leg day. I always have to pick a time of the week for my leg workouts where I know that I will not be on my feet for an extensive amount time for the days following leg day. Although there is much pain, it must be done. There is nothing worse than a guy whose arms are bigger than his legs. That right there is person who takes the easy way and who probably wears pants to the beach. Legs are a very demanding portion of the body to train as they contain the biggest muscles of the body.
If you can take the pain there is a great reward for you. Because the muscles of the leg are so big when you workout them out your body secretes more growth hormone compared to when you work out any other part of your body. If you are smart and would like to capitalize on this opportunity then take a good look at yourself and figure out what small detail about yourself could use work. What I mean by this is look for a small muscle group that seems to be slacking in the growth department, for me it’s my traps. Now I say small because working out two main muscle groups in one day (chest legs) may be a bit too much. Because of the large flux of growth hormone on leg day hitting a trap workout with it will greatly help my chances of further muscle development in my traps. The growth hormone will help them grow more on that day than any other day.

1 comment: