Sunday, November 10, 2013

The gym's closed..

We’ve all had it happen to us before, getting pumped to go shred some hammer curls at the gym and then suddenly the stairway to heaven reads closed. This is where swole sharks shine, no matter what a swole shark will get its pump if it’s the last thing it does. Many people feel limited to the confines of a gym to seek exercise, in other words the people who drive to the gym to run on the treadmill. With a little creativity and understanding on how the body works the walls of the gym soon fall and the world becomes our gym. I myself usually have approximately 3 outdoor workouts a week. There is a wide range of exercises and locations the world has to offer. My favorite place to go is the park next to my house. It offered a jungle gym where I would perform a wide range of calisthenics and body weights exercises. All it takes is some motivation and initiative to get your pump on.
I ran into another experience this past summer while away on military training. While I was on basics there were no workout materials for us to use, so I along with my temporary swole mate devised a strategy to get a pump on. We used sand bags as dumbbells, dead lifted fallen trees, did endless amounts of pull-ups along with pushups. We had the drive and initiative and we gained from it. At the end of basics I was able to do a push up, tap my chest, clap behind my back then clap in front of me again before catching myself on the ground to do 20 more. This is living proof that if you work at something results will follow. There is a man who is famous for getting swole without a gym and shares a quite remarkable story. I invite you to check out Kali muscle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNb6KCok9o

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting. What kind of things can you do at the park? Just running, or is there any equipment you can use?

    You mention Kali muscle but you haven't posted the associated video.

    Where are your comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! I'm not 100% convinced on getting a gym membership because most gyms offer only 6 months to a year membership and I don't think I want to make that commitment. So, I've been doing exercises around the house and even going for runs in my neighborhood. There's always alternatives instead of going to the gym, not to mention doing workouts outside of the gym could save you lots of money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing actually happened to me last week, i went to my gym and it was closed, i borrowed my neighbours leg weights and just walked with them all day long, and in the end my leg day didnt go out in vain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mike! seeing that we live in close proximity to each other you should come with me to on of the near by parks and we can hit a ghetto workout. All you need to bring is yourself. If we go be prepared for a lot of pull-ups, push-ups and body weight exercises. Also we will be super setting with sprints to not only workout our body but our nervous system as we will be forcing it to output the most energy possible. I promise that in no time with these exercises you'll be doing clapping push-ups and the pull-up bar ;) .

      Delete
  4. I might try and do the so called ''ghetto work out'' this summer. It look intense and i might benefit from it allot. I'm just kind of worried the first times going to be a epic fail but who really cares. In my mind to get a great body you have to do both, weights and park workouts

    ReplyDelete